Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finally good news have arrived in my inbox. I will be getting the NASA exchange award after all. Heard from my friends that they have received mine while there was still no news for me sent me into panic and sian-ness for the past week. Just when I thought all was gone, the good news came. Yeah to forking out less $$ from my own pocket.

Since I am totally sick of going to town ( I detest going to town after FS09. Don't know why too...), me tee and by went to explore other parts of Singapore. 2 week ago, we headed down to the 'far' east, geylang and old airport road. Yesterday, we headed to the east again, visiting kampong lorong buangkok (the last kampong in sg) and sengkang new town.


It's not that hard to get to lorong buangkok. A short bus trip and a short walk took us there. It is not the typical kampong that one had always imagined it to be, with atap houses, zinc roof, plantation in the backyard, all the villagers spending the afternoon chatting outside their house etc etc. When we went, there was nobody in the kampong, or rather, I think everyone was in their house, just like HDBs. There were lots of nice cars parked beside the house. The houses don't looked that old.


We walked a bit into the kampong but unfortunately were chased out by a dog. I guess the dog was there to keep all the curious visitors out of the village and not to disturb the villagers.

Finished off the day with dinner at chomp chomp food centre. Satay Bee Hoon, satay, char kuey, bbq chix wing sugar cane juice. a typical fare at a singapore hawker centre. Need to satisfy my craving, especially those food that I wld not be able to get in HK. no more dim sum as i am gonna stomach down loads of siu mai and ha gaw in HK. but then, i guess it is always possible to hunt down a plate of nasi lemak, roti prata or satay somewhere in HK. We are now thinking of which famous hawker we should head to next. Balestier?? Typical singaporeans we are, willing to travel so far for good food. And why are all the freaking nice hawker centres in the east? The east side has lots of good food while all the brains are in the west?

No comments: