Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some random thoughts
I actually drank expired milk for 2 days. The milk in my fridge expired on 19/1 and I was drinking it on 20th and 21st. Only discovered that it has expired in the evening on 21st. And I seems to be suffering from the effects only yesterday (23/1). Wow... things take 2 days to happen inside my stomach. Lesson learnt: I will check the expiry date whenever i take the bottle of milk out from my fridge.
I think i have become a mahjong addict. Went over to vivien's house to play 通宵麻将and I did not feel tired at all after 6 hours of gaming. I could still come home, send emails to prof asking them for recommendation letters, reply them with all the necessary info and do my tutorial balloting before I fell asleep. Now got mahjong kakis so near my house. Yeah! And the only thing I look forward to this coming CNY is mahjong. The coming year better be a good one for me.
Went shopping with yz at vivo and end up not buying anything. Found something interesting there. Action City i think. The chicken which Wee Heong (my YEP instructor) showed us. Apparently, when you press stomach of the chicken, the chicken will produce a loud, screeching crow that is bound to capture everybody's attention. He mentions that such tools may be used to get your team to listen to you. I did contemplate buying it, but it costs $28. too ex le... If it is under $10 i will surely buy it.


Talking about paying attention, i found this picture online that made me laugh out. Apparently someone is wearing his lifejacket upside down. Yup, it is from the US Air A320 that ditched into the Hudson River. He must be one of those who don't listen to the safety demo.

Talking about shopping, I realise neighbourhood malls are more suitable for me. Spent close to $70 in Lot 1 and i manage to get 3 shirts and 1 pair of shoes.. Whereas in atas places like vivo, i think i can only afford to get one item.

Happened to drop by Tanjong Pagar area to submit the insurance claim. Ate roast duck rice at one of the food shops there. costs only $3.50 for one big plate with lots of meat... It is really lots of big chunky duck meat.. Dunno if it is because they are going to close soon or they are that generous all the time.


Since I have nothing to do, decided to pop into URA City Gallery for a visit. Went straight to the 2nd floor as I have visited the first floor on MasterPlan 2008 before. The last time i visited the Gallery was in secondary school and I was so amazed by the mock up of the city. This time round, I am still impressed at the buildings... I can't wait to see the new downtown coming up.

We are supposed to write about Our Favourite "playgrounds"...


and guess what i saw?




must be one of those mischevious schools kids who wrote this....

While cleaing my room yesterday and today and i realise that the number of CDs I have is really a lot. Looked through them and I didnt' bear to throw them away. And the arrangement is realy too messy. I decided to do something crazy. I arranged the titles according to alphabatical order! English and Chinese titles are arranged separetely. Sense of satisfaction that i managed to sort out this mess. I think it will be messed up again sooner or later...

No comments: