Thursday, July 03, 2008

What a coincidence. I actually realise today that Sheng Zhi (geog soc 39th MC treasurer) is actually my colleague in my temp job. saw him wearing a geog soc t-shirt and i asked him if he is from geog soc. what a small world it is. I guess coming from the same organisation sort of broke the barrier between us and throughout the day, we got to talk more (actually this is my 3rd day working with him already)

So the job that i am having now is giving me a good tan. Standing under the sun for hours and hiding occasionally into the shade when the athlete are not in action. Pay is ok only, but i would say i got to learn a lot. I was a non-track n field person so i had very little knowledge abt the technical aspects of the races. Through this job, i was lucky to get rotated around often and so i got to learn bits and pieces of the different events.

my final day tmr. and after that i wld be all over the place. Ppl commented it's a jet-setting lifestyle. No it's not. I am not flying all over...

And yup, it was nice meeting up with some of the FIC ppl for dinner at Manhattan yest. Somehow, the conversation just got really RA and it evolved into Jurassic Park. Totally enjoyed the company!

and not to forget to mention my first visit to a museum under NUS matric card, which gave us free access to all the museums in singapore. Went to the peranakan museum with boon kian. the trip was so spontaneous and well, i do learn a bit more abt peranakan culture as well as chinese culture (both culture are very similar). Wanted to visit the Philatelic Museum too, but they don't have free entry for NUS students. I actually asked the counter "Do you have complimentary visits for NUS students?" I avioded using the word 'Free' as it would make me sound damm cheapo. maybe someday i shall start visiting all the other museums. shall learn to be more cultured.

still too full from the super late dinner just now... can't sleep...

No comments: