Sunday, June 29, 2008

I almost got cheated by thismoney changer in Chinatown. Was changing quite a few currency at time same time and when it came to Vietnam Dong, i didn't check with him what is the rate. I just passed him the money and told him Vietnam Dong. He did some calculation and gave me a rate of 1SGD to 7340VND. I was like, WTF? So low? He actually dared to say "Now US Currency strong". Even if the US dollar is strong, 7k plus Dong is seriously way too low. Well, the Dong is alrealdy in my hand and i told him it is not possible to have such a low rate. He just gave me that "not my business" look and then went on to serve another customer. I just walked over to the next changer and he quoted me 1SGD to 12,000VND. I feel so cheated so i went back and demanded that the rate around is 12K. He asked his colleague inside and then mumble some stuff in Tamil, and then asked me for my Dong that i have just exchanged. The guy inside did some recalculation and he gave me the rate of 1 SGD to 12000 VND. He didn't even bother to say sorry or anything. WTH! I will boycott that store from now on. The rate at other stores are about the same anyway. I went there because the queue was short.

So lesson learnt, always ask clearly the rate of the currency that you are changing and if he gives a stuck up attitude, just walk away.

Btw, the lot 1 money changer also has very bad customer service. Thinking abt it just makes my blood boil!

No comments: