Saturday, August 22, 2009

1st Post in HK!

Ok. I shall try to write more while I am here in HK.
So day 1 began super early morning with my jetstar flight to HK. Can't believe that my bags are over 30kg!!!! Luckily they didn't charge me any overweight fees. Don't know what the hell i brought over also. It's just clothes and shoes. Maybe I am bringing too much clothes? The flight was an uneventful one, except for the roller coster ride while we were landing. No food, no entertainment, no leg space. And it doesn't help that the fellow in front of me recline his seat. And the ladies on board got some free sunsilk shampoo thingy while guys get nothing. unfair! The aircraft flew over HK island, onto kowloon then turned west across the new territories before landing in HKIA. So we got a good view of Hong Kong. Can see the whole Victoria Harbour, Central, Kowloon as well as Tsing Ma bridge etc etc. Too bad i wasn't in the window seat, if not there wld be lots of pictures to take. Since we deplaned by stairs, the bus brought us on a mini tour of the airport while on its way to the gate. Too bad i was carrying a lot of stuff and I wasn't really in the mood for pictures. Which is why for the first part, there are no pics of my journey. Immigration itself was another pain as the queue was super long (i guess a lot of flight landed at the same time. And it doesn't help that a lot of ah tiongs were talking loudly at the queue.
Once out of immigration, it was a bus ride to Tin Shui Wai, where my uncle stayed. Went out for some simple lunch at a nearby restaurant. Their residential estate is almost exactly like SG, many town centres and amenities in every neighbourhood. Didn't take much pics but here are some from my trip 2 yrs ago.

天水围 Housing Estate

My uncle's block. Their block is 38 floor high!



After lunch, it was off to CUHK. My cousin studies at CUHK so she brought me to walk walk around first, finding out the location of all the places that i need to visit on the 31st, so that I won't get lost with all my bags. And if you think the hills and stairs in NUS are horrible, it's gonna get much worse here. The whole campus is built on a slope and almost of the road are inclined, so the shuttle bus are a huge life saver. We took a bus all the way up to New Asia College, then took a slow walk down till Chung Chi College at the bottom.

After the sch tour, we went off to Sha Tin for dinner. There are like 4-5 shopping centres in Sha Tin, all linked together and there was just lots and lots and lots of shops. But they are mostly ATAS stuff lah... UNIQLO is cheaper here than in SG. G2000 having this crazy sale where the whole shop was filled with ppl. In fact, the whole mall was filled with ppl. It is super super crowded.....

Think I won't post too much pics. They are all on facebook anway.


@CUHK main campus


The hall which I am going to move into

Snoopy World at Sha Tin. Boring for adults but makes a good location for camwhoring.

Ok, heading over to shenzhen for my flight to shanghai later. Think i wun be able to blog here as blogger is banned there. Shall see if there are any alternative ways to get onto blogspot.

No comments: