Monday, December 31, 2007

Felicidad!

Looking back at 2007, it really passed by so quickly. I was so occupied for this year that I haven really had time to sit down and look back at the past year.



The beginning half of the year was pure work. Apart from the admin job, i took on 3 tuition and I was practically working everynight back then. Job at PIA was fun and enriching. Learnt a lot about the office environment and culture, which i think would really help if i were to get a desk bound job next time (most prob i won't). Had a very nice boss and very friendly colleagues. Haven been meeting up with them for quite long liao. should do a gathering with them b4 sch start.



next up was the period b4 school started. Finally got to go to Hong Kong, which was my dream destination since dunno when. Can still remember the excitement when the plane landed at HKIA. It was a holiday which i love and hate totally. I would want to go back there if i can. I love the hustle and bustle of Central, as well as the tranquility of lantau. Their transport system impresses me and i get more annoyed at sg system once i was back. It was fun as i usually see those places on tv and now i actually got to see it right before me.



Back to SG, it was another short getaway to Perhentian. Initially, i feared that it would be awkard as i didn't know bingyi well, but we hit off well and the whole trip was really enjoyable. My first time snorkelling and the experience was just so damm great. I just love the cooling breeze and the sound of the waves.... the torturous 13 hrs bus ride to and fro and the middle of the read breakdown was just so memorable.

Then it was on to another chapter of my life. the beginning of studies once again. perhaps it is a break away from books for 2 years, others were dreading sch while i was excitedly looking forward to it. I would say i worked harder this time round than during jc. My project groups all turned out really good. Never really had major breakdown or anything. The project experiences were really pleasant and enjoyable. and of course joining geog soc. Made a lot of good frens there. these are the frens that are most likely going to be spending 4 yrs with me in nus. not forgetting to mention desdanang07. Didn't expect to get in initially, but was really thrilled when i got selected. Did lots of fund raising, selling cupcakes cupcakes and more cupcakes. and karang guni. kind of miss the tuesdays where we had our meeting till dunno what time.... soon, it was the exams that everyone dreaded... results are below my expecations and i was kind of 'sian diao' when i knew about it.

to end off the year was the yep itself. During the 21 days, i really see and experience a lot of new things. I got to see the other side of vietnam, the non touristy side. My only regret was not mastering vietnamese well enough to communicate with the locals. I am very certain that it would have been a much much better experience if i could actually communicate with them. I am glad that our project went off well and that our hard work did not go to waste. I love the moment when we delivered the mobile libraries to the kids. It feels like everything we have done for the past 3 mths just came down to that moment. and of course the ppl on the trip. It has really been great knowing all of them. some are really marvellous ppl. Kind of miss the days there, although it has only been 3 days since we parted.

so that sums up my 2007. I guess i didn't miss anything out. well, i shall not make any resolutions cause i don't keep to them all the time. shall end the year with this song, which happens to be a song we keep listening to during the trip!




the ppl at my neighbourhood are now screaming like mad....

No comments: