Sunday, July 03, 2005

another week

i'm back again. ok. this week isn't tat fucked up as last week, apart from the late night stand by bed. alright, i shoulnd't complaint, like what yz said. his life seemed more fucked up than mine. i no need to go chiong sua, got aircon room for lecture, a life so much better than him.

at least this week was interesting. learned much more stuff than last week. first was spinal injury. if a casualty kena spinal injury, damm leh ceh loh. have to do a lot of stuff before the casualty could be evacuated.

then there was also our first IV session. after viewing a demo, all of us were like damm nervous liao. we have to first learn how to prime our hartmann solution, which is the drip. must make sure there is no air bubble in it. so we were there tapping tapping the pack to make all the bubble go to the top. after doing it once, then i realise there is another bubble stuck at the bottom. damm! have to do it again. then come the injection part. first, it was chinni doing it on me. my arm is big size, so i scared he cannot find my vein. but after tying the tourniquet around my arm, my vein pop out and become damm obvious, so it was a one shot for him. then come disater for both of us. it was now my turn to set drip on him. but freaking hell his vein cannot be seen. his hands are fat and somemore he is black. (somehow reminded me of a joke. some guys were calling him dark chocolate and then someone mentioned he cannot be called calbury chocolate cause it is too high class). ok, back to the IV. so i only can feel for his vein. i seriously dunno where it is. even the sgt cannot feel the vein. so i poke in the needle, topo around, dig about, cannot find. reshot. on the other arm. still cannot find. even when the sgt was guiding my hand and searching around for the vein, still cannnot find. i was like WTF!!!!!! 3 tries alreadly still nothing. then change person. farhan came and i have to set on him. his vein was somehow obvious, and i hit the vein, but somehow the catheter won't go in, so have to take out the needle, and the catheter was bent. i must have pushed the needle down too hard. then another guy came, vein super bloody obvious, got it finally. and throughout the whole process, my hand was trembling, not doing the injection part but during the taping up and bandaging part. in the end, due to me kneeling down for damm bloody long (5 shots), end up i couldn't stand up properly. my legs just turned jelly. lucky didn't fall and spill the hartmann solution all over me. just when i tot all was over, i had to be the casualty for another guy shawn. lucky also one shot kena vein. i am so glad that i am blessed with a fat arm but a vein that is very obvious. i shld prepare myself mentally tat i am going to be kena shot at least 2 times for future IV sessions.

then on fri came our CPR lesson. finally i have learnt CPR properly and have the certification. what was interesting was the infant CPR, which is totally different from adult one and somehow it made me damm confused. i had a slight cock up during the test but luckily it was not a fatal mistake and i did managed to pass all 3 with one try. meanwhile my partner JC got lots of cock up and somehow made me a bit nervous also. during the 2 man CPR, i actually did something stupid by counting "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and switch and 6..." i just blurted out 6 unknowingly. then also got "1 and 2 n 3 n 4 n 5 n 1 n 2 n 3 n 4 n 5 n 1 n 2 n 3 n n 4 n 15". the correct one shld be tat the 2nd 5 is replaced by 10. some beat thing. like during 综艺大哥大 , when 玛格利特 said " 一到十要下, 十一到十五不要下". still remember tat episode, damm funny. but one whole day in the aircon room made me feel so damm freaking cold.

watched inital D also with yz. it was such a cool movie, all the drifting. made me want to own my own car so much. i gonna work towards my goal. i wanna get my license. i want to get my own car!! think jay had an easy time with his role. he was just being hmself in the movie, act cool, then smile smile a bit, got very few lines for him also. and the song 一路向北 is so damm nice!!

No comments: